Some people find that it is useful to connect a Midi keyboard to an iPad. Connecting a keyboard to an iPad is something they aim to do in order for them to be more productive. Not everybody who wants to connect their keyboard to an iPad knows how to do so.
However, carry on reading to learn how to connect your keyboard to an iPad. This guide provides all the steps you will need to take to link a keyboard to your iPad.
How to Connect the Keyboard to An iPad via Bluetooth
Connecting your MIDI keyboard to your iPad is really straightforward, you may never want to use a wired connection ever again.
- In your iPad settings just switch the Bluetooth option On
- Activate the Bluetooth application in your Midi keyboard
- Switch the Bluetooth function on in the keyboard and it will link to your Pad
Depending on if your Midi keyboard is already Bluetooth enabled or not, you may have to buy an adapter so that you can connect keyboard and iPad to each other using Bluetooth.
If you are faced with either plugging the adapter into a MIDI or USB port then you should always go for the USB option as it will always provide the most reliable connection.
The advantages of a connection using Bluetooth
- It is quick and simple to set up
- No wires are required to link keyboard with iPad
- Easy to use with an adapter if the keyboard does not have Bluetooth
How to Connect a Midi Keyboard to An iPad with A Wired Connection
Some people prefer to connect their midi keyboard to an iPad using a wired connection. Here are the instructions on how to set up a wired connection running from your keyboard to your iPad;
- The first step is to know what generation or.type of iPad you own, as there are three different types of wire, one for iPad up to 3rd generation, another cable from the 4th generation and finally a third type from the iPad pro 2be generation
- If the keyboard has it’s own power supply it is simple, just connect the keyboard with the lightning cable supplied with your iPad
- For keyboards, without their own power supply, you will need to buy a Lightning USB 3 adapter for a camera
- When using The camera adapter the keyboard and iPad need to be linked with another lightning cable and have it connected to the iPad’s power supply
The advantages of using a wired connection
- No chance of any data being lost during transfers
- It can be easier than trying to connect using Bluetooth
- You may not have to buy any additional adapters or cables
Consider Your Connection Options
Connecting your Midi keyboard to your iPad is only easy if you know how. Before deciding to have a wired or Bluetooth link between the two do a little bit of homework. To begin with, you need to know if the keyboard has it’s own power supply, as you will need to have an adapter for the connection to work.
If you decide that you would prefer to have a wired connection then you will need to know what generation of iPad you own as that will determine what lightning cable needs to be used.
Depending on the lightning cables you already have you may be able to connect your keyboard and iPad without having to buy a new cable.
Once you have all the cables and adapters then the connection process should be straightforward, especially if the keyboard has its own power supply.
People find it really useful to have their midi keyboard linked to their iPad. It is relatively straightforward to link these together, either with a wired connection or via Bluetooth.
The process is even simpler if your Midi keyboard has its own power supply and will not a power adapter as well as a Bluetooth connection or a cable connection to your iPad.
It may be worth finding out of you need to buy any adapters or cables in advance of When you need to connect your keyboard and iPad so that you have enough 5me to get them.
Keep Reading …