Are you a musician, or do you just love getting entertained? Roland Go: Keys Keyboard is a fun and easy-to-use keyboard for all types of players. It’s equipped with interactive features and functions for you to play and create.
Roland Go: Keys Digital Piano review article will explain what you expect of the Piano.
An Overview of Roland Go: Keys Digital Piano
General Review of Roland Go: Keys Digital Piano
When you hear Roland’s name, the next thing that should flash in your mind is quality and satisfaction.
The Roland Go: Keys Piano is not only an entertainment beast but amazing and magical in its way. It prides itself in the musical arena of having an inbuilt music recorder. The feature allows you to record the performances for future reference or even further rectifications in case the need arises.
The Piano is pocket friendly since its reselling cost is just about $285-$300. Despite its size, the equipment is light in weight as it is only 8.6 lbs. It is hence enabling the user to carry it easily.
The loop system that allows users to build up their music aided by the keyboard, hence sounding professional. Also, when using the Piano, one can easily copy sounds like bass, strings, and pianos using the category buttons. It also possesses over 450 sounds taken from Roland synth models.
Additionally, the inbuilt Bluetooth speaker facilitates connectivity between phones and tablets. Those who are a pro at playing the Piano are also not left behind. It comes with a MIDI that allows the conversion of the music format and incorporation with pre-existing music.
Besides, the Piano has additional connectivity aids. The jack and ports help in MIDI connectivity, single pedal input, and a headphone jack. It is also operated by 6AA batteries, making it possible to work even when the electricity isn’t available.
Main Features of Kawai ES8 Digital Piano
The Roland Go: Keys Digital Piano has great speakers, which will make you satisfied and enhance your spirits. The speakers are well covered by the perforated plastic used for the rest of the body.
With the speakers in place, there are no disappointments expected since the sounds perforate out decently. Better headphones may also help you get a dedicated sound.
Availability of Several Sounds
The Roland Go: Keys Digital Piano boasts more than 500 sounds derived from Juno Ds and other outstanding Roland synthesizers. Therefore, it leaves the user with several user options to choose from, such as responsive drums, bass instruments, and other allied features that can make the whole experience with the Piano enjoyable. The function significantly favors lovers of sounds that are accompanied by various instrumentals.
The Roland Go: Keys Digital Piano has a well-developed hall reverb. The reverb is not as complicated as other sound features as it comes out naturally when played.
Precisely, the reverb sound effect is effective at putting the sounds in an enclosed space. Its first pad acts as low pass filters and helps reduce the treble frequencies. The remaining four pads are high pass filters. They eradicate the bass frequencies and enhance the cut-off point for each of the subsequent pads.
Anything you do that makes you happy may prompt you to seek ways of making them resurface in the future. The recording is made in a way that it records the loop mix mode and the leading voice.
Additionally, you can keep the marked items in the keyboard’s internal storage. The estimation shows that they can stay for about 100 days, which is indeed sufficient time.
As part of the after-sale service, the Piano offers a 3months free subscription to solve. Skoove is a learning APP that enables the user to learn how to play music on the Piano. The training occurs via a tablet or a computer.
It is possible since Skoove allows learning through notes, play chords, and scales. The feature is of great benefit to the first users hence making it easier to develop their skillsets within a reasonable period.
If you prefer controlling things wirelessly, this can be a great fit. The Piano has Bluetooth MIDI controls. It allows you to control the MIDI devices you have without touching them comfortably. Through the help of DAWs such as the Garage band, the function is possible.
The feature also helps in reducing the commonly experienced difficulty when moving with equipment. You do not have one to carry many cables. Bluetooth connectivity is very efficient and effective. The reliability rate is also high as it has never disappointed in the past.
The Piano comes with a user manual and an AC adapter. The manual provides theoretical guidance on how to operate the equipment. The user manual is essential at the initial stages, especially if the user is a beginner.
Additional things that are required are the piano table and stool. They will significantly enhance your comfort when playing it. Unfortunately, the stool and piano table may request that you purchase them separately as they are not part of the package.
Roland Go: Keys Vs. Go: Piano
The Roland manufacturers highlight that the Go: Keys was developed majorly for beginners who are passionate about music and want to create their music but do not require formal training.
The Go: Piano, in contrast, was developed for those who want to learn how to play Piano with no prior experience.
1. Video recording – Once you feel your playing has improved and you feel like sharing with loved ones, Roland Go: Piano, offers it all. It allows you to easily record videos with your smartphone by plugging in your smartphone and the Go: Piano into the Go: Mixer.
The connection enables you to capture the Piano’s incredible sound to your video while shooting. Compared to Roland Go: Keys piano, which does not offer the video recording function.
2. Learning with online songs and piano lessons – Roland’s Go: Piano offers you an excellent opportunity for a simple and compact learning solution. The Piano allows you to connect your smartphone via Bluetooth wirelessly. After which you can enjoy unlimited online content and piano lessons that boost your learning skills.
The learning becomes more comfortable, faster, fun. Because you can train on your favorite songs using tutorials. Compared to Roland Go: Keys, where you can only choose one song at a time, and select sound from the 500 sounds quality pro with no piano lessons.
3. Cost – In terms of pricing, the GO: Keys and GO: Piano differs in prices. The Go: Keys is approximately $300-$350 while the Go Piano is about to be $350-$400. Despite the difference in price, the two magical equipment releases into the market in winter 2017.
4. Sound generator – The Roland Go: Piano releases music with a clear natural sound generated from the Roland manufacturer’s premium digital pianos. Unlike the Roland Go: Keys, which has more than 500 ready-to-play sounds generated from the manufacturer’s pro-synthesizer-type of pianos.
5. Accessories – When purchasing the pianos, some accessories must be inclusive, including the stand and pedals. In Roland Go: Piano, the pedals are not inclusive of the package, unlike in the Roland Go: Keys, where the sustain pedals are included.
Roland Go: Keys Overall Score: 8.2/10
- 61 high-quality keys with ivory feel
- Easy to use operation
- Can be operated using batteries
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity
- Lightweight for easy to carry
- Great sounds
Watch out for
- The Piano is preferable for beginners hence may not be suitable for already experienced experts in their music career
From the above justifications, it is notable that the Roland Go: Keys Digital Piano is undoubtedly fantastic equipment. Leave for its cons, the Piano is a great performer, and it can meet and exceed the owner’s needs frequently.
The Piano also does not require one to be a Pro to use it since it has all the guides and even a free subscription program. In the records of musical instruments, Roland Go: Keys Digital Piano, ranks as one of the best Piano ever developed. Therefore, the Piano is just worth giving consideration, especially when one wants to satisfy the urge of getting entertained.