Are you on the market for the best electric piano? Whether you are a beginner looking for a high-quality keyboard to learn on or a professional looking forward to upgrading to the best digital piano, we have your preferences covered in this article.
In recent years, a lot of manufacturers have come up to produce digital pianos, while huge advances have been made in the available models. This means that picking the best piano among the available models isn’t easy, requiring you to sift among the available models and compare the features for you to pick the best piano.
Top 11 Best Electric Piano On the Market
Buying Guide to Purchasing the Best Electric Piano
A piano is an instrument that is very interesting and also a bit difficult to learn. Pianos are of several types and styles; some are digital, while others are traditional.
Digital pianos have great features when compared to traditional ones because they are technologically advanced. We are going to learn about several types of electronic pianos and the best electronic pianos for learners or beginners.
When purchasing an electric piano, you need to consider the following:
1. Number of Sound/Tones
Most of these pianos are digitalized in that they produce several tones from other instruments, for example, flutes, organs, accordions, and many others. These features are extremely good, but since there are hundreds of them, it could be a distraction to the user.
Therefore, you need to choose a piano with a minimum number of tones.
2. Amplification and Speakers
A piano should always have a pleasing sound, and therefore, if you are looking for a home piano, it should have an inbuilt speaker and amp to produce a smooth and pleasing sound while if you are looking for an electric piano for live performances, its amplifiers should be external and should have PA systems.
Polyphony simply means the number of tones a piano can produce at the same time. The best electronic piano should produce 128 or 264 note polyphony, and that’s the highest quality while the minimum quality produces 32 notes and 64 note for creating complex sounds. This will depend on you to decide the kind of piano you want, whether it’s low or high quality.
4. Learning/Teaching Tools
If you are a beginner, your piano should definitely have built-in lessons, online resources, exercises, and note displays. These tools will help you learn faster than when using a piano, which has none of them, some electric pianos even have headphone jacks which allows students and teachers to work silently. A good piano should also have a split-keyboard because it has a role to play.
Unlike traditional pianos, electric pianos have a far much better sound that is controllable. This piano should have added features like;
brass, percussion, drums, and woodwinds.
6. Recording Capability
Electric pianos should have the ability to record your performance, especially if you are a learner and want to look at your progress. That helps you to immediately correct whatever is wrong and learn quickly. It’s also beneficial to those people who plan to create their own songs.
Ensure that your new electrical piano has a USB port a MIDI that allows to connect to computers and any other recording equipment and also ensure that it flash discs or memory card to help you when transferring music from one device to another.
Purchase a piano that has a lightweight and can be easily moved from one place to another without any difficulty; an electric piano is a compact and lightweight compared to other pianos.
A light piano is good, especially for those people who like performing on concerts or who simply like moving around with their pianos.
Whenever you are purchasing a piano, ensure that you know something about its price. An expensive item doesn’t indicate that the item is the best; for instance, an electric piano has a very fair price, yet it’s long-lasting and doesn’t need a lot of maintenance when compared to acoustic pianos.
Top 11 Best Electric Piano Reviews
To assist you in the process, we compared various brands and models and settled for ten best electric pianos. These models can help you create amazing sounds similar to that of acoustic pianos without occupying much space or requiring you to spend a lot of cash while purchasing them.
Read on with an expectation of finding the right digital piano for your needs.
1. Best Overall -RockJam RJ761 Electronic Piano Keyboard
A perfect choice for an electric piano that is designed for use by students, beginners, and educators is RockJam RJ761 Electronic Piano Keyboard. It includes a digital keyboard that comprises 61 full-size keys. These provide you with the experience of a traditional piano while maintaining a compact and portable design.
- Great for beginners and learners
- Record and playback functionality makes it possible to build layers to the sound
- Keynote stickers provide a visual indication of the right keys to play
- The soft touchpad is easy and comfortable to operate
- A thick padded seat supports hours of comfortable play
- Comes with everything you need
Watch out for
- Reversed on/off power light. The light turns red when it is on and blue when it is off
Designed to make it possible for you to take your piano wherever you wish, the RJ761 Electronic Piano supports two modes of powering it up. You can choose to charge it via a power supply or batteries. Besides that, the piano includes a touch display panel. The panel displays the feedback while making it possible to engage 200tones, 200rhythyms, 30 demo songs, and a teaching function.
Rockjam 761 Keyboard comes as a Super Kit that comprises a sustain pedal, sturdy adjustable stand, durable stool, a pair of high-quality headphones, and a 61 key full-size keyboard. The stand is adjustable, and therefore suitable for use by young and old players.
On the other hand, the sustain pedal makes it possible to construct any composition you wish. With the included pair of padded headphones, you can practice privately, making the keyboard a perfect choice for an electric piano that will allow you to practice without disturbing others.
2. Best With Weighted Keys -Roland FP-30 Piano
For an acoustic piano playing experience in a portable package, I would recommend Roland FP-30. It is a fully weighted digital piano comprising 88 full-sized piano-styled keys. The digital piano features an 88-Note Phat-4 standard keyboard that delivers an authentic piano touch for the maximum expression.
- 88 keys with ivory and ebony textured keytops
- Compact and lightweight piano body
- Sleek and elegant look
- Learning tools for learning
- Very cost-effective price
- A variety of settings and customizations
Watch out for
- The loudest voice volume is not that loud
Apart from authentic weighted action, Roland FP-30 is equipped with a powerful amplifier plus stereo speakers. As such, it is a perfect choice for an electric piano that is designed to deliver impressive sound. What’s more, it includes a headphones’ output while it adopts a quiet keyboard action. Because of this, you can enjoy a professional performance without disturbing others.
Equipped with a twin piano mode, the piano is suitable for lessons and allowing students and teachers to play side by side. Also, the unit offers built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity. This allows you to use the piano with popular apps, including sheet music direct, GarageBand, Piascore, among others.
You can also connect the USB memory to save the captured songs or play along with your favorite SMF and WAV songs. Besides, you can broaden your musical experience while using this piano. The reason is the dual/split modes plus the wide selections of the piano sounds.
3. Best Sounding -Yamaha P125 Weighted Digital Piano
For a rich and responsive tone, I would recommend that you use Yamaha P125. It is equipped with a pure CF sound engine. The engine reproduces the tone for a high-quality and professional-like performance.
- Impressive sound quality with newly designed speaker systems
- GHS weighted hammer-action keys
- The USB port supports effective audio transfer
- The piano features a user-friendly design
- Sleek and slim footprint
Watch out for
- Poor-quality sustain pedal included
Yamaha P125 Digital Electric Piano comes with a 2-way speaker system. The system produces an expansive piano sound in downward and upward directions to provide the player with a rich stereo sound.
With a GHS weighted action, it is heavier in the low keys and lighter in the high keys, enabling it to deliver a performance similar to that of an acoustic piano.
Also, the piano integrates the split mode. Using it, you can play a different voice using each hand. Designed to work with the free smart pianist app, you can control this piano using a smart device, which means that you can customize the settings, voices, and rhythms using a smartphone or Tablet.
4. Best Budget -Yamaha YPT260 Portable Electric Piano
- 61 high-quality piano keys
- 400 voices, 130 auto-accompaniment styles
- Compact and small footprint
- Headphone slot for quiet playing during the night
- Recording function
Watch out for
- No USB connection
- Only for beginners
An ideal choice for the best electric piano for aspiring musicians is Yamaha YPT260. Designed for use by entry-level players, it is a user-friendly piano that includes a 9-step lesson function and a free downloadable songbook to help you get started. Besides, the keyboard delivers an advanced functionality that grows with you as you become advanced.
To extend the fun for multiple players, the piano includes 130 accompaniment styles, 400 high-quality voices, and 112 onboard songs. Also, there is a recording function that allows you to record and playback.
The auxiliary input is another feature that lets you play along with music from a computer, phone, or Tablet. The YPT-260 is a 61-key keyboard that comes along with a PA130 power adapter.
5. Best Compact -Roland F-104R 88 Key Electric Piano
Benefit from a high-end piano experience despite the limited space in your apartment once you purchase Roland F-104R 88 Key Electric Piano. The piano features a contemporary and compact design perfect for modern and smaller apartments.
- Built-in speakers project a full and rich sound
- An advanced sensing technology allows you to maximize the tonal potential
- Easy-to-use rhythms
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Compact and affordable piano
- The elegant and stylish design is suitable for modern living
Watch out for
- Small print size for the manual
Featuring a superior build quality, this is one of the best digital pianos that will last you through the years. Also, it features a unique lid design. You can open the lid when you want to play and close it for a low-profile appearance when you are not using the piano.
Furthermore, the keyboard offers 72 different rhythm styles. With these, you can cover a range of musical genres, making it possible to build your timing skills more engagingly. With a Bluetooth function, you can connect a smartphone or Tablet to turn sheet music pages wirelessly. Also, the keyboard includes a USB port that allows you to hook it up to a computer.
The piano includes 305 additional tones, including brass, electric pianos, synthesizers, strings, guitars, and organs. With a headphones 3D Ambience effect, the keyboard can offer a multi-dimensional sound experience while making it possible to use the headphones for private practice.
6. Best Value -Alesis Recital 88 Key Digital Piano
Learn piano in a quick and fun way once you get Alesis Recital Digital Piano. The piano comprises 88 premium full-sized semi-weighted keys. These offer an adjustable touch response that makes it possible to meet your preferred playing style.
- 88 fully-sized semi-weighted keys
- Very affordable price
- Compatible with Skoove for online lessons when an instructor is not available
- It can charge via a power adapter or use 6D cell batteries
- Well-built and great sounding piano
Watch out for
- The piano doesn’t come with a sustain pedal
What’s more, the piano offers five premium sound voices. These comprise the electric piano, bass, acoustic piano, organ, and synth. Using these voices, you can customize the end sound by combining two voices at a time in the layer mode, or assign the voices to the left or right hands in the split mode.
The Alesis Recital piano is a great choice when purchased for use by learners. The reason is the innovative Lesson Mode that separates the keyboard into two areas with the same voice and pitch. As such, a student can sit next to the teacher, both playing similar notes, for a smooth learning experience.
Besides that, the piano includes a ¼ Inch stereo headphone output. Hence, you can connect it to headphones for private and quiet practice. With two built-in 20 watts speakers, the piano can deliver a crystal clear and room-filling sound. Also, there are stereo RCA outputs that make it possible to connect external speakers and amplifiers.
7. Best for Home -Casio PX-870 Upright Digital Piano
Acquire the PX-870 Upright Digital Piano and benefit from an exceptional performance that outshines other instruments in this class. Equipped with an AiR Engine, it provides highly accurate grand piano sounds with seamless dynamics aimed at offering powerful and impressive performance.
- 88 hammer-action keys with ivory and ebony key texture
- Stylish and modern design complements any decor
- Comes with a 3-unit foot pedal
- USB connectivity supports connection with a Mac or Windows computer
- 256 notes of polyphony enable the piano to sound perfect, even in the most complex performances
Watch out for
- The foot pedal bar makes some noise during use
Casio PX-870 includes a variety of 19 instrumental tones. These offer the ability to split and layer them as required for exceptional performance. With a touch response that integrates three sensitivity levels, the digital piano is one of the best choices for an electric piano that is designed to deliver a professional performance.
Also, it includes a powerful 40 watt 4-speaker system. With this system, the piano can envelop the listener with a rich and detailed sound. The Volume Sync EQ is another addition that allows you to hear a balanced and clear sound across different volumes and frequencies.
With a full sound projection, the piano is suitable when used in classrooms, halls, and other rooms with audiences. Also, it includes a headphone mode ideal for private and quiet performance.
8. Best 88 Key -Donner DEP-10 Beginner Digital Piano
If you are an aspiring musician looking for an entry-level electric piano, I would recommend that you purchase the DEP-10 Beginner Digital Piano. This piano is equipped with 88 half-weighted hammer keys.
- Great for beginners
- Four types of beat offer room to control the rhythm
- The keyboard comes with a sustain pedal
- Nice and high-quality build
- Lightweight and easy to carry
Watch out for
- The power button sometimes gets stuck at times while powering it on and off
The keys on Donner DEP-10 simulate the real touch of playing a keyboard while reducing the sense of strength associated with full-weighted keys for a more sensitive touch that will suit different playing styles. Adding to that, the digital piano includes 128 polyphony. With these, you can distinguish the tones in Reverb and Chorus under different situations, which makes the piano an excellent choice for learning and teaching.
The DEP-10 Beginner Digital Piano features a recording mode. As such, you can take advantage of these to store and arrange the music. Also, it includes eight tones. These comprise the Acoustic Piano, Church Organ, Bright, Acoustic Grand Piano, Harpsichord, Strings Ensemble, Electric Grand Piano, Vibrating Harp, and Chorus Piano.
With a headphone’s port, the piano is a perfect choice for private practice. Also, it includes two built-in 25watt speakers and an amplifier port for stage performances.
9. Best Small -Casio SA-46 Electric Piano
- Lots of fun features and functions for kids and toddlers
- The keyboard features a cool retro design with black and green highlights
- User-friendly and lightweight
- Integrated change-over switch makes it easy to switch between the organ and piano sound
- The keyboard derives its power from a power cord or 4AA batteries
Watch out for
- You need to buy a power adapter separately
For the best small electric piano, I would recommend Casio SA-46 Electric Piano. It is a 32 mini-keys piano designed for use by beginners or kids. The keyboard comes with a new sound source while it comprises an 8-Note Polyphony.
Equipped with 100 timbres and 50 play-along tracks, it is an excellent choice for a digital piano that can enhance the fun for different users. Also, the piano includes a headphone output for quiet and private practice.
10. Best Stage -Nord Stage 3 Compact 73 Key Electric Piano
- Layer category with rich dynamic layered patches
- Very high-quality instrument sounds
- Can be used in a live performance
- All controls are easy to access
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to use and versatile
Watch out for
- Limited memory space
Broaden your musical experience with the Nord Stage 3 73 Key Piano. It features two super-clear OLED displays. These screens offer extended split functionality, on-stage clarity, and seamless transitions when changing sounds and programs.
Besides, the piano integrates a new split point editor. The editor allows you to organize and set up the split points using the OLED display to provide you with an excellent overview of the assigned sources for each Split zone. With three sound-generating sections, the piano provides room to play the synthesizer, piano, or organ sounds, while you can also play all sounds simultaneously.
Better, the keyboard includes two separate slots. Using them, you can connect two organs, two pianos, or two synthesizers at the same time for massive sonic flexibility. Another feature that makes this stage piano to stand out are three split zones and a new split point crossfade functionality. Because of this, you can pick among three crossfade widths indicated by different LED colors.
Nord Stage 3 supports the Program change using the pedal, which provides you with maximum flexibility when changing programs so that you can keep your hands on the keyboard. The piano features a doubled 2GB memory for 120 voice polyphony, exclusive Nord Piano Library, and creative new Piano Filters.
11. Best Quality -Yamaha NP12 61 Key Portable Keyboard
- 61 high-quality keys
- Great sound quality with 64-note polyphony
- Built-in speakers and a battery power option enhance portability
- The batteries last for long after a full charge
- The lightweight keyboard is easy to carry using one hand
- An elegant silhouette look makes the keyboard a perfect addition to modern decors
Watch out for
- The keyboard includes a 1/4″ headphone jack instead of the standard 1/8″ jack
Introducing Yamaha NP12 61-Key Portable Keyboard, this is one of the best choices for an electric piano for use by beginners. It includes 61 touch-sensitive piano-style keys that make it easy to use. Also, there is a USB to Host port. Using it, you can connect so that you can interact with a range of educational and musical creation apps on a mobile device or a computer.
The controller app for iOS devices adds a rich and graphical user interface that provides for quick navigation and easy configuration. Besides, the keyboard is battery-powered, lightweight, and compact, making it an ideal choice for an electric piano that is easy to carry along.
Best Electronic Piano Brands
Yamaha is one of the most well-known piano manufacturers that produce pianos for home use, for stage performance, and for beginners. Yamaha manufactures small and big pianos.
They are very famous because of their commitment to making excellent pianos, Yamaha places a great deal of focus and touch. Its price is fair and is accompanied by a 3-year warranty. There is no discussion of the best electronic piano manufacturers in the world without Yamaha.
Casio is another well-known manufacturer, and most of us must have come across some of its products, for instance, the calculators, watches, and cameras. It doesn’t only manufacture those items but also electronic pianos.
Their products are well known worldwide, and their pianos are not expensive at all, they focus mostly on beginners and youngsters. Not only are there pianos budget-friendly, but they are also technologically designed with great features that are only available on high priced models.
Casio pianos are generally; affordable, easy to use, have a great money value, and consist of several features. Casio made the electronic piano with several unique features that don’t disappoint; instead, it gives you a feeling that you are really playing a real piano.
Its majors mostly on music, Roland company is well known for its good digital musical products that no other company has ever produced. Their products are digitalized, portable, and long-lasting while their brand is well recognized.
Some of its advantages are; can be used via Bluetooth, trusted by several people, and their key actions are the best. With it’s digitalized features, everyone would love using them.
It’s not as well known as Roland and Yamaha, but it has several great features and works just as good as the others. Kawai electric piano has a realistic sound, solid construction, pedal response, keyboard feel, and the elegant, stylish design, which adds beauty to your leaving room.
Korg Electric Piano is cheaper, high quality, and portable. Its feel and tone are like that of an acoustic piano, and apart from that, it’s stylish and lightweight. Korg produces a very natural but Lou enough sound, most people prefer this piano because of its portability.
It comes with a folding metal stand that is light in weight; the metal stand can be set up anywhere. Korg is simply the best electronic keyboard because if its features, quality, and affordable price.
What is the Best Electronic Piano for Beginners
1. Korg B2 Digital Piano
- 【Fully-Weighted 88-Key Keyboard】- The B2 88-key digital piano provides a realistic piano playing experience with fully-weighted, hammer-action keybed featuring Korg’s premium NH4 keyboard action, designed in Japan.
- 【Excellent Sound Quality】- Explore 12 sounds including pianos, electric pianos, strings, and more. B2 provides ultra-realistic and expressive piano tone, including Korg’s famous German and Italian piano sounds.
- 【Thin & Portable Design】- Practice and perform anywhere with an ultra-portable design at only 4.61 inches thick and 25 pounds. Rich-sounding built-in speakers make B2 perfect for at- home playing and practice, and you can perform anywhere with six AA batteries for hours of playing time.
- 【Modern Connectivity】- USB Audio and MIDI offers flexible connectivity to recording software, virtual instruments and piano learning apps. A free software bundle is included, including 3-months access to Skoove Piano Learning software and more.
- 【Sustain Pedal & Music Stand Included】- Includes essentials like a sustain pedal and music stand, and features a convenient built-in metronome to easily practice and improve rhythm on piano.
Korg B2 Digital Electric Piano is good for beginners or learners because it is easy to use; any learner in need of a piano Korg is an excellent option because it has the following features; Twin piano mode meant for teaching, a student, and a teacher can work together side by side.
A headphones port helps one to practice quietly without disturbing others, Bluetooth, MIDi, and a port where you can connect to a computer or tablet or recording software. Recording music helps you to know whether you are on a good track if you still need to do something.
2. Yamaha P45 Digital Piano
- Includes the P45 Digital Piano, power adapter, sustain pedal and music rest
- 88 fully weighted piano style keys simulate the feel of an acoustic piano and provide a quality playing experience
- GHS weighted action is heavier in the low end and lighter in the high end, just like an acoustic piano
- Contains 10 different voices, including digitally sampled tones from real Yamaha acoustic grand pianos
- Dual mode lets you combine 2 voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience. Tuning- 414.8 - 440.0 - 446.8 Hz
Yamaha P45 is another wonderful piano for beginners, and it uses a system with digital recordings of instruments. Any piano with a recording feature could be good for a learner because, at some point, they need to know how they are fairing on, and that is by recording the music they are playing.
Yamaha has several other features like; Duo mode which allows two people to play at the same time and it’s really good for teaching purposes, pedal and music reset has 88 keys which provides you with a good foundation of learning and the Bluetooth MIDI support which is good for accessing music lessons via your smartphone.
3. Roland Go Pianos
- Premium piano performance in a compact, portable and affordable instrument
- 88-note keyboard with full-size keys and standard spacing includes piano tone with 128-voice polyphony
- Onboard high-quality Bluetooth speakers for wireless smartphone connection. Includes sustain pedal, power adaptor, and music rest
- Compact and lightweight for playing and storing anywhere
- Fully wireless operation with battery power and Bluetooth connectivity
- Bluetooth MIDI support for advanced music lessons with your smartphone or tablet
- Metronome, transpose and recording features support daily practice
- Kick start your piano experience this full-size fun-to-play keyboard, perfect for beginners
- Affordable and easy-to-carry second piano for experienced players
- Turn your piano goals into a reality with three months of free piano lessons, compliments of our partner Pianote, the ultimate online piano lessons experience. If you own a Roland piano, you’ll get unlimited access to everything inside Pianote—from step-by-step lessons, to detailed song tutorials, and even access to live lessons and support from real piano teachers. Learn to play your Roland piano from the comfort of your own home, anytime you like. Plus, access your lessons from any internet-ready computer, tablet, or phone
Roland piano is great for learners simply because it has integrated practice features, which improves your practice lessons to another level using transpose, smart recording, and metronome tools.
It consists of a headphones port that you can practice quietly without disturbing others, inbuilt Bluetooth speakers to help one access online content including piano lessons and song tutorials, battery power option that boosts the duration of your battery, and you can play your piano anytime anywhere.
Roland piano has a reasonable, fair price, lightweight making it suitable for kids and learners; the 88 keys helps a learner to have a better understanding of the instrument. This model is a perfect starting point for beginner pianists.
To the music lovers, nothing beats the fun that arises from listening to favorite hits and playing musical instruments along. For pianists, the feeling gets even more fun when playing the piano to different soundtracks.
To help you get the best experience while playing the piano, I would recommend that you buy the best electric pianos reviewed above. These models are affordable and user friendly so that beginners and intermediate players can enjoy using them.
Playing the piano changes the brain in a positive way; music is food to the soul. You might be thinking that you are just playing it for fun, but what you don’t know is that you are improving your attention, memory, language, speech, and math skills. Learning piano is very simple; unlike the guitar, everyone should try this out; it’s fun and interesting.